Thursday, March 12, 2009

We are having a....


We are having a... BABY!!! That is probably not the answer you were looking for but believe me you are not the only one that is a little disappointed. 

Yesterday Kurt and I went in to find out if our little baby would be a girl or a boy. We we super excited but when we got there the doctor was having a hard time getting a good look at the sex organs cause the baby's feet were together and blocking the view. He tried from several other angles but in the end he told us the baby was in the worst position for trying to see what it was. We even tried wiggling and shaking my stomach to wake it up but what can I say, the kid sleeps like its dad. The doctor did say that usually it's the girls that will sleep with it's feet together while the boys will be spread eagle saying "Hey! Look what I've got!" So either we have a shy boy or a ladylike girl... we will try to see again in another month (I couldn't convince that receptionist to let us come in earlier). So even though we don't know if our baby is a girl or a boy, we do know that he/she is looking very healthy and strong. (But I'm still a little angry that he/she couldn't be a little more cooperative).



This is us before the appointment. As you can see we are happy and excited. Any after the appointment pictures would have been of me being angry.

Waiting for the doctor to come in.

Our cute little baby... sound asleep.

Here is a good shot of the spine. The black spot above the spine right before it curves down is the heart. 


2 comments:

Amy said...

oh sad! maybe drink some sprite or something before your next appointment- give that baby a sugar rush so they are moving! hopefully next time!

Mallorie said...

Lori I am so nervous now...hopefully the baby cooperates and lets us see what it is...I'm like totally nervous about it being shy!